We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Operations Manager to provide leadership and management of the Support Service of a long-standing highly regarded young people’s mental health charity. The successful applicant will be employed on an interim basis for an initial period of 6 months. Open Door is undertaking a review of its management structure and the role may well become permanent.
We currently work with around 600 young people and parents per year delivering over 6,000 appointments. We are funded by our local NHS CCG, Local Authority, charitable trusts, contracts, fundraising activities and donations. Open Door is a lively, thriving organisation staffed by a team of highly qualified and dedicated clinicians, trainees, administrators and volunteers overseen by a committed Board of Trustees.
With the onset of the covid-19 pandemic Open Door transitioned to remote working without interruption in the clinical service. Since March 19th, therapy sessions have been offered using video (zoom), telephone and text with the majority of staff working from home. We have made building adjustments and introduced hygiene and social distancing protocols to create premises covid-secure enough to allow face-to-face work, though on a reduced level. From mid-September we will be increasing the number of face-to-face appointments alongside the digital offer depending on clinical presentation, risk, patient choice and our capacity to maintain social distancing. Whilst transitioning to becoming a ‘blended’ service offering in-person and remote therapy, we are also undertaking a 30% service expansion made possible by successful income generation. This will be achieved by the employment of new therapists and Open Door becoming a 5 day per week service for the first time in over 10 years.
This is a very exciting time to join Open Door. The Operations Manager will play a crucial role in supporting service expansion, the consolidation of our digital work as well as a planned re-branding and website development.
The main duties of the Operations Manager include:
- To work closely with the CEO to ensure the efficient delivery of Open Door’s clinical services in its various locations by providing leadership and management of the support service.
- Financial management and administration (production of management accounts; forecasts and budgets; preparation of annual accounts, etc.)
- To provide non-clinical Project Management for key projects as designated by the CEO (eg: development of our digital service; rebranding and website development)
- Line management of up to six administrative staff and volunteers.
- Facilities, office and premises management.
- Management of ICT.
- Overseeing data collection, analysis and flow to NHS Digital and funders.
- HR management and administration.
- Governance support including regulatory compliance, policies and procedures; to act as Health and Safety Officer and Data Protection Officer.
- Administrative support of the Board of Trustees and attendance at meetings.
- Participation in income generation, marketing and PR.
- To support the CEO in developing Open Door in line with its agreed Business Plan/Strategy.
To apply for this role please complete the application form and supporting documents at the following link:
- The closing date for this vacancy is 12 noon on Friday 25th September
- Interviews within 2 weeks of closing date TBC
- Interviewees will be asked to undertake some competency tests and a presentation.
If you have any further questions or would like to arrange a phone call with Julia Britton, CEO, please email email@example.com for the attention of Sabina Ariyadasa, Senior Clinical Administrator.
We look forward to receiving your application.