Make a Donation
Open Door is a charity and depends on regular donations and funding support in order to carry out its work with young people and parents.
The demand for all of Open Door’s services has increased and so have the costs associated with providing a highly professional and accountable service. We aim to provide an accessible and responsive service but the length of our waiting list means that many young people face a significant wait to receive the help that they so desperately need.
- £1 will pay for a trained member of staff to take a telephone enquiry from a depressed young person and explain whether Open Door might be able to help.
- £5 will pay for a trained member of Open Door’s staff to carry out an initial telephone assessment of a young person who is feeling depressed and who ring’s us seeking help.
- £30 will pay for a depressed young person to talk face to face with an Open Door therapist who is specially trained to help them.
- £30 will pay for a parent /carer or parent couple to have to have face to face assessment with a specially trained therapist.
- £100 will pay for a young person to attend 3 sessions with a trained therapist.
- £100 will pay for a parent / carer or couple to have 3 face to face therapy sessions.
- £200 will pay for parent /carer or couple to complete 6 session short-term intervention
- £500 will pay for a young person to complete medium-term interventions of 15 therapy sessions.
- £600 will allow 3 families to benefit from complete PTP interventions consisting of 6 sessions each.
If you would like to make a donation, here’s how:
1) Online – click the button in the sidebar on the right to go to our page on Virgin Money Giving which is a not-for-profit website set up to help charities raise funds.
2) Direct Debit – email us at email@example.com, or call us on 020 8348 5947, to request a Direct Debit form which you can submit to your bank in order to make a regular donation.
3) By cheque payable to Open Door – send to Open Door, 12 Middle Lane, Crouch End, London N8 8PL
Become a Friend of Open Door
By becoming a Friend of Open Door, you will be making a huge difference to the lives of young people. You will also become part of an engaged and valued group of Open Door Friends. Benefits include:
- A twice yearly newsletter to let you know how our work is going.
- Opportunities to share your thoughts about developing our work.
- An invitation to our annual Friends of Open Door social gathering.
- An acknowledgement of your support, should you agree, by naming you as a donor on a dedicated webpage.
If you would like to join, you can print off the Become a Friend Form, sign it and return by post or phone 0208 348 5947 with your details.
You can make an additional donation at no extra cost to you. If you pay income tax, we can claim an additional 25p of Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. If you donate online, Virgin Money Giving will collect the Gift Aid on our behalf. If you make a donation by Direct Debit or cheque, please complete a Gift Aid Form.
Financial support for Open Door’s services is dependent on contributions raised from Charitable Trusts and Foundations, Statutory (government) Funding Bodies, Corporate Donors and individuals. Grants raised from charitable sources and the National Lottery account for over 50% of Open Door’s income. Grants and contracts with local government and the NHS made up the rest of our income. The income needed each year to meet the costs of running Open Door services is over £300,000.