Open Door’s Privacy Principles
We will do our very best to look after your personal information. We want everyone who supports us, or who comes to us for support, to feel confident about how any personal information they give will be handled, used and secured.
You can be confident that:
- We will never release your information to organisations outside Open Door for their marketing purposes.
- We only use personal information in the ways we need to and that is expected of us.
- We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people or those we have reason to believe might be vulnerable
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes.
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us. Our Data Protection Officer is happy to answer any queries you have, at any time.
- How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with Open Door. There are many occasions when this could happen, for example: if you enquire about our activities, refer/make a referral to us, make a donation to us, apply for a job or volunteering opportunity, if you chose to provide some optional feedback or otherwise provide us with personal information. And, this may be when you phone us, go onto our website, through the post, or in person.
- What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us.
We will also collect health information to assist our work with you.
We gather general information about the use of our websites, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may use this information to personalise the way our websites are presented when users visit them, to make improvements to our websites and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites.
- How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the important advice and support you’ve asked us for
- Provide or administer activities relating to all our services: updating you with important administrative messages, to help us identify you when you contact us, and help us to properly maintain our records
- Improve your experience with us. We may use your information to enhance the service that our staff provide, to improve our information and communications, or to personalise the website to better suit your needs
A special note about the Sensitive/Special Information we hold
We only use it for the purposes of dealing with your enquiry, training, and quality monitoring or evaluating the services we provide. We will not pass on your details to anyone else without your consent except in exceptional circumstances and with your knowledge. Examples of this might include anyone reporting serious self-harm, posing a threat to others or at risk of harm from others.
Your personal information and details of the enquiries received are stored on a secure database. They will be kept for the duration of your treatment, and for a maximum of 7 years thereafter. If this is information is kept for longer in exceptional circumstances, it will be anonymised.
- Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used by our staff and volunteers in Open Door so that they can support you. In exceptional circumstances (not routinely) and with the knowledge and consent of the individual/s concerned, we may share information with your GP/health service/parent/guardian
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities.
- Your Information Security
We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously.
We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
And, we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations.
Here are some of the ways we protect your personal information:
- Your personal information is kept securely in our databases and offices.
- Our website may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
- Your communication with our Open Door team
Your communications with our team (including by telephone or email) may be monitored and/or recorded for training, quality control and compliance purposes to ensure that we continuously improve our customer service standards.
- How to access your personal information
You have a right to see all electronic and paper information held about you, free of charge for up to 7 years. If you would like to access your records, you will need to complete a Subject Access Request (SAR) Form. You would then need to write to the Data Protection Officer. We will provide this information to you within 1 month of us receiving your request.
To request a Subject Access Request form you can contact us by;
Post: Open Door, 12 Middle Lane, London N8 8TE
Or Email: email@example.com
For further information about our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer by:
Post: Open Door, 12 Middle Lane, London N8 8TE
Phone: 0208 348 5947