How to make a referral
Young People’s Service
Open Door’s Young People’s Service is available to young people aged 12-24* living in Haringey. Please note we no longer accept referrals via fax.
* For new referrals of 23-24 year olds, we are temporarily suspending our waiting list due to high demand and funding issues. This will not affect young adults already on the waiting list. We apologise for this and are working hard to ensure that our full service for young adults is restored as soon as possible.
- We accept self-referrals from young people directly by phone on 020 8348 5947, or by requesting a callback by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. 70% of young people refer themselves to Open Door services.
- We accept referrals from a parent or carer but will ask that the young person confirms to us that they want to attend appointments.
- Open Door is a member of Haringey’s CAMHS Access, the single point of entry for professional referrals in to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services. Professionals wanting to make a referral to CAMHS Access should complete a CAMHS Referral form and send it either by fax to : 020 8442 7281 or by post to CAMHS Access, H Block, St. Ann’s Hospital, St. Ann’s Road, London N15 3TH. Referrals from CAMHS Access account for about 30% of our referrals.
- We accept referrals from Adult Mental Health Services but ask that the young person contacts us to confirm that they want to attend appointments.
Parenting Teenagers Project
Open Door’s Parenting Teenagers Project is available to parents and carers of young people aged 12-21 living in Haringey.
- We accept self-referrals from parents and carers of young people aged 12-21 living in Haringey. 95% of parents or carers refer themselves to Open Door services.
- Professionals can request a call to discuss a parent they feel would benefit from the service by phoning 020 8348 5947 or emailing email@example.com, but we require parents to make the referral themselves in most cases.
Please note there is limited funding for this project at the moment. We will do our best to respond to requests to help, but this will be subject to limited availability.