Open Door offers free confidential counselling and psychotherapy to young people aged 12-24 living in Haringey. We provide a safe space for young people to talk through a range of issues including problems at home, school, college or work; difficulties with relationships; problems with drugs or alcohol; anger or aggression; depression or anxiety; self-harm or eating difficulties.
We recognise that young people do not all experience emotional difficulties in the same way, nor do they all need or want the same kind of help. Open Door is committed to developing a service which offers a range of effective, evidence-based interventions to meet the needs of young people from early adolescence to young adulthood.
We are able to offer:
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Adolescents (IPT-A)
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT)
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
Young people are offered anything from a one-off consultation to two years of weekly psychotherapy.
We also have a number of specialist services including:
- A psychotherapy service for young people with special needs
- A secondary school therapy service
- The Parenting Teenagers Project for parents of young people aged 12-21
We accept both self and professional referrals to all our services. All a young person or concerned parent / carer need do, is pick up a phone or send an e-mail.